VMware Framework (VMF)
The VMF framework is designed specifically to make front-end development more efficient by providing a set of reusable and extensible modules to developers to code common UI functionalities (i.e., modifying page content, making Ajax calls, parsing data and etc.) and construct UI components (i.e., Data Grid, Modal Dialog, Tooltips, etc.). Development collaboration and code integration across teams is simplified because are using the same set of standardized VMF API code. Less cross-broswer problems are expereinced too.
User Interface (UI) development is crucial to most IT applications. To improve development efficiency, and alleviate integration problems a standardized front-end development framework enables developers across teams to leverage reusable UI components and HTML Widgets/Templates.
Efficiency - Performance Reusability - Easy Updating - Easy to use Design and Code Consistency - Cross Browser Compatibility
What is VMF UI Framework?
- Multi-browser support (IE7+)
- Uses latest components from the market
- JQuery based
- Bootstrap enabled
- AMD supported
Dev Effort on Back-end Data
- Use Theme only - When data not applicable (less frequent usage case).
- Use Components - For when needing the latest components from the marketplace.
- Use Template library - To change existing data/example where data source specified. (Frequent usage case) Uses the latest components available from the marketplace.