1. Placement and maximum number of actions
Display the Action Bar across the top of the page to make it easy for users to access, and provide a personalized experience based on user needs and roles.
2. Display total number of the item
Indicate the total number of a particular item, such as Total Alerts, Total Users, etc. on a red circle.
3. Hover state
When the user hovers over each action box, it is highlighted.
Why Use This Pattern?
- To help users access the action choices at a glance.
- To help them quickly choose the specific actions they want to use, depending on their permissions.
- The easy-
What is the Solution?
- Always display the Action Bar across the top of the page to make it easy for users to access their choices immediately upon login.
- When the user hovers over each action box, it is highlighted.
When to Use This Pattern?
- To allow the user to see most of the important actions that are available for those who have the permissions to perform those actions.
- Only display the Action Bar across the top of the page.
Do Not Use This Pattern When
- When the user needs a step-by-step process